Skip to main content

Free, No Obligation
Survey & Quote

    loading
    Leopold Square

    Leopold Square

    Ventrolla South Yorkshire has successfully completed an 18-month project to renovate 120 sash and casement windows in the new and exclusive development of Leopold square, Sheffield.

    “The properties around the square are around 110 years old and the windows were starting to show signs of age, facilitating the need for an upgrade to keep them in line with the overall redevelopment.”



    The building was originally the Central Technical School, built between 1870 and 1894, and used as a technical knowledge base for the emerging steel industry, of which Sheffield is famous for.

    The site is now home to a development of luxury apartments, bars, restaurants and a four-star hotel. Other features include an illuminated water feature, locally sourced stone and genuine bronze cladding.

    Ventrolla was brought in by Gleeson Renovation to upgrade the windows on the Victorian building in an environmentally friendly way, whilst maintaining its traditional style.

    The windows were fully draught proofed using the unique, Ventrolla Perimeter Sealing System (VPSS), which has been tested to 600 Pa, the equivalent to winds of 71 mph, and achieves Class 3 of BS 6375-1.

    A Sash Removal System was also fitted to each window to allow quick and easy removal of sashes internally for future maintenance.

    In addition, the original delicate glazing bars were faithfully reproduced to replace damaged sections and solid brass catches, sash lifts and security stops were fitted to maintain the aesthetics of the building.

    Managing Director for Ventrolla South Yorkshire, Richard Earnshaw, said: “Leopold Square is a prestigious development and is set to become a hub of commercial and leisure activity in Sheffield City Centre."

    “The properties around the square are around 110 years old and the windows were starting to show signs of age, facilitating the need for an upgrade to keep them in line with the overall redevelopment.”

    With its national headquarters in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, Ventrolla was established in 1986 and operates via a national network of regional offices.