A breath of fresh air: Sash window operational issues
As a heat wave hits the UK, has it highlighted operational issues with your sash window?
In old houses that have seen many owners and many more layers of paint, sash windows are often found to be sealed shut. Conversely, some windows can be opened but won’t stay in an open position. Both issues can be a concern during hot weather, causing discomfort.
How can you help to fix my sash window operational issues?
Renovation can help to strip back the windows, un-sticking them and improving their fit, whilst ensuring the pulley and weight mechanisms work too. This means that you can open your windows as much, or as little, as you like. By doing this you can improve ventilation, and control the temperature of the room better in these warmer months; quite literally a breath of fresh air!
Our renovation service includes:
- Taking the sash window apart, renovating or replacing any rotten timbers or window sills that take the brunt of the weather.
- Installing our unique draught-proofing system (Ventrolla Perimeter Sealing System or VPSS for short) in and around the sash window to close up those pesky gaps that allow draughts, leaks, heat loss and dust ingress. This ensures your sash windows are ‘winter ready’.
- Re-weighing the weights in your sash box, replacing any broken sash cords, servicing your pulleys and installing our patented Sash Removal System (SRS) which will prevent your sash cords from breaking again, and allows for easy access to dismantle your sash windows again in the future (aiding painting, cleaning and general maintenance).
- We can install replacement sashes that are double glazed into your existing sash box frame. This will improve the thermal efficiency of your window even more.
- Any new hardware is installed and final finishing checks are carried out to ensure your window looks great and operates smoothly.
Help with sash window operational issues: The Ventrolla Sash Removal System (SRS)
How do I get in touch?
Don’t get stuck in a hot and stuffy home this summer – our team are on hand to chat to you about your timber window operational issues on 0800 0277 454, by emailing email@example.com or completing our online form.
You can read more about our unique renovation services on our Knowledge Hub posts ‘Product Focus: Ventrolla’s Sash Removal System (SRS)‘ and ‘Sash Window Sill Replacement’.