You may think that your timber windows are too damaged to be repaired. However, we know how important it is to retain original sash or casement windows, so wherever possible, we will carry out sympathetic repairs before we consider replacing your windows.
The Repair Process
Much of the restoration we do involves replacing rotten timber and upgrading sash cords. We have a tried-and-tested process in place to deal with projects, such as these:
- Remove old windows from the window frame
- Remove decaying timber in the units, frame or sill
- Splice in new timber – this is occasionally required, where existing timber is beyond repair
- Fill all cavities with our unique epoxy resin, VR90, moulded to match the existing profile
- Replace cords and service pulleys – correcting the sash balance to ensure smooth operation
- Upgrade the seal with our innovative Ventrolla Perimeter Sealing System (VPSS), which virtually eliminates draughts and rattles. At the same time, the Ventrolla Sash Removal System (SRS) can also be fitted to ease future painting, cleaning and maintenance.
The Benefits of Repairs to Your Home
You may have lived with damaged sash or casement windows for years – putting up with cold, draughty and uncomfortable rooms and noise from traffic or rattling sashes. However, by putting your window repairs in our safe hands, you can look forward to a whole range of benefits.
Not only will your home look more aesthetically pleasing but you could also add value to your property. There are money savings benefits longer-term, too, thanks to the increased energy efficiency that draught-proofing and repairs can deliver. And your home will be warmer and more peaceful.
If you’d like to ask us a question about timber window repairs or book a survey, please make an enquiry today – we look forward to hearing from you.