Wooden sash windows have been a design classic since the 17th century, and their iconic design remains desirable in homeowners all over the world, but especially here in the UK. Now that new thermally insulated sash windows are readily available, they are not just popular for their looks. What are the benefits of wooden sash windows?
1. The Aesthetics – They look beautiful. Whether on a period Georgian town house or a country cottage, a sash window adds character and desirability to a property.
2. That wide open feeling – old sash windows were often stuck shut or difficult to open. New sash windows slide open effortlessly, allowing an open, airy feeling to a room on a warm day.
3. Draught-free – thanks to VPSS (the Ventrolla Perimeter Sealing System), new sash windows are incredibly effective at keeping out draughts – even in winds up to 71 mph!
4. Noise insulation – With the draught-proof technology and with high-quality double-glazed panes and bars, noisy traffic and street sounds are virtually eliminated.
5. Save money on heating bills – As well as increased noise insulation, the thermal insulation of new VPSS windows is amazing. Estimates show that heating bills on an average house could be reduced by as much as 41%
6. Improved security – Ventrolla sash windows conform to the latest industry standards on security and can be locked for peace of mind.
7. Long lasting – All Ventrolla installations and repairs have a guarantee for 5 years. However, if your wooden sash windows are properly cared for and maintained, they should last more than a lifetime.
8. Low maintenance – With no fiddly small parts to replace and with simple designs to clean and maintain, sash windows do not require a lot of maintenance. Simply clean with soapy water, and occasionally repaint the frame.
9. Bespoke service – No matter what size windows you require, Ventrolla sash windows are custom-made and fit to millimetre perfection.
10. Increase the value of your home – Enhance the ‘curb appeal’ of your home with sash windows and add money to the estimated value. One of the key things that homebuyers look for first is attractive windows.