Timescales & Planning
As you will be aware, traditional windows are an essential feature of a period building’s character. Therefore, it is vital to maintain them, not only because of the aesthetic appeal, but because they add value to the finished project.
Getting us involved at the early stage of a project means we can produce a full condition report outlining all options, helping you with your tender by providing our detailed specifications and window section drawings, which can be found on our commercial download page or on RIBA NBS & Product Selector.
We have experience of carrying out work in phases to suit all projects and timescales, working closely with English Heritage, Historic England, CADW, and Historic Scotland on listed buildings, and those within conservation areas.
We know that schools require work to be carried out in their holidays, that hotels need a work schedule to fit around seasonal bookings, and that you need a dedicated contact here at our Head Office to manage and fulfil your sash window project on time and to budget. All things we can accommodate.
We offer a range of timber window solutions to suit your project and budget, from renovation and draught proofing, to replacement double glazing and secondary glazing, and everything in between, and we’re here to give you the best advice on which options suits you and your project.
Our unique renovation and draught proofing service makes problems associated with older windows such as draughts, rattles and operational issues, a thing of the past, as well as aiding future maintenance and reducing energy costs and a project’s carbon footprint.
From small domestic, to large commercial projects, we partner with Architects, Surveyors, Developers, Project Managers, Planning and Conservation Officers throughout the UK and Ireland. We pride ourselves on being the UK’s ‘go-to’ timber window specialist, so if you need advice, a budget price or a site survey for your project, we’re here to help.
Commercial Projects – what is involved?
We know window renovation is usually a very small element of the overall project you are managing, so using all our commercial experience and feedback from clients, we’ve done all we can to make specifying and ordering your timber windows with us as easy as possible.
- All our detailed specifications, window section drawings, maintenance instructions and brochures can be found in one place here on our website
- We’re proud to work with RIBA and you can find our specifications on RIBA NBS and Product Selector
- Our website has a project upload form – send us your tender for a budget price, or a site survey for an accurate quote.
Enquiry & Quote Process:
- Your Surveyor will contact you to discuss the project, establish a budget, and arrange a site survey
- Our Surveyor will inspect each individual window on site, providing access is possible and safe
- Using your tender documents, we will provide a window-by-window quotation to match your window reference numbers and elevation drawings
- Your quote will be with you no later than 3 working days from the date of the survey
- We will touch base with you shortly after to check you have everything you need – then the decision is in your hands.
- All we require is a written order from you to be able to provide you with installation dates to suit your schedule
- A Technical Survey will need to be organised, but only if new joinery is involved
- Our workshop will get busy making any new joinery you require
- As your project commencement and installation date approaches, your dedicated contact in our Commercial Team will keep you updated on the progress of your order
- On the installation start date, our team of Installers will arrive on site by 8:30am, ready to start your window renovation
After sales care:
- Your dedicated commercial team contact will check you are happy with your window renovation, and answer any questions you may have
- After final payment, our ‘Care Pack’ will be sent to you or your client, including Maintenance Instructions, the 5 Year Guarantee and Energy Improvement Certificates – all important documents to keep hold of